Facebook Top Tips for Socializing Safely
- Only Friend people you know.
- Create a good password and use it only for Facebook.
- Don’t share your password.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Share your personal information only with people and companies that need it.
- Log into Facebook only ONCE each session. If it looks like Facebook is asking you to log in a second time, skip the links and directly type www.facebook.com into your browser address bar.
- Use a one-time password when using someone else’s computer.
- Log out of Facebook after using someone else’s computer.
- Use secure browsing whenever possible.
- Only download Apps from sites you trust.
- Keep your anti-virus software updated.
- Keep your browser and other applications up to date.
- Don’t paste script (code) in your browser address bar.
- Use browser add-ons like Web of Trust and Firefox’s NoScript to keep your account from being hijacked.
- Beware of “goofy” posts from anyone—even Friends. If it looks like something your Friend wouldn’t post, don’t click
- Scammers might hack your Friends’ accounts and send links from their accounts. Beware of enticing links coming from your Friends.
Read the full PC Magazine Article.